Tuesday 10 March 2009

Final Concept


I've got back into painting again which is one of the things that I wanted to do on this project. I've been inspired by alot of the Mirrors Edge Concept art and Resistance 2 concept and lighting. The aspects that I liked about the Mirrors Edge art work is that the brush strokes are very loose and free when you look closely at their paintings but as soon as you move further away it looks more realistic. I enjoy drawing with alot of energy and freedom so I thought that I could adopt some of the Mirrors Edge technique.
I didn't want to draw with lines for my concept because I didn't feel that it suited the character. I feel that by having no out lines will make the character look more subtle and softer than bold and brash heavy outlines. I have been looking into Digital Painting for along time but nether attempted to learn it properly because.... well it Hard as Hell!
For this piece of work I just used Photoshop and a Wacom Tablet. I've become very comfortable with using a tablet now that I can't use Photoshop with out. It definatly helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment